Originally posted Wednesday, September 26, 2012
So it is rainy outside and Jake has had some of the longest work weeks he has ever had. He goes from work to school two days a week and has a great new job/opportunity at a radio station on the weekends. The fact is our lives are moving fast and he deserves a good- creamy delicious bowl of comfort food.
I will mention that the love that Jake and I have for buffalo chicken wings- is well… completely out of hand! We could eat them everyday. In fact, I constantly say I think that is the one food eating contest I may actually have a chance at winning.
So tonight’s soup is: Buffalo Chicken Soup!
(I got this recipe from Jake’s mom Heidi and I think she got the info from All Recipes. In the end she varied hers and then I changed up the one she gave me- but I guess that’s how it goes with cooking, my thoughts are it’s no fun unless you add your own twist http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-soup/)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 rotisserie chicken (I used a precooked one from the market and just coarsely chopped it up once I took the meat off the bone and removed the skin)
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, or more to taste (I use Frank’s buffalo Style “I put that s**t on everything”)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar jack cheese (or the one you prefer)
- salt and pepper to taste