So much to Jake’s dismay I am not much of a potato fan, he on the other hand could eat them every day, in every way. So, I decided to do things a little different and replace potatoes for zucchini and squash (the upside they were on sale at the market for 99 cents a pound)
This recipe turned out to be just as delicious, Jake did not have one complaint!
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 large Zucchini (sliced)
- 2 Squash ( sliced )
- 3 Shallots ( minced )
- 1 tablespoon garlic ( you can use fresh or jarred)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (you can use what you prefer but mozz melts really nicely)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A sprinkling of Oregano
- Parmesan cheese (about half cup)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- In a large skillet or pot (I had to switch to a pot- which you can see in the pictures- because I had a lot of things I was working with) saute your shallots and garlic in your butter. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- Add your zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add your salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook 7 to 10 minutes or until your mixture is bubbly and your zucchini and squash begin to soften.
- Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan and some of your shredded cheese.
- Mix in your cheeses with a spoon so it incorporates with the veggies
- Now sprinkle the rest of your shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden brown on top.
Enjoy and Salud!