I love meals that can be made easily and that are one whole meal in one casserole. Not only did this meal come together easily but I had all the ingredients in my pantry and fridge and it was ready quickly. I put this one together on one of those night when we weren’t exactly sure what to eat and it was already going to be a late night.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, chopped and cooked (or 2 cups of rotisserie chicken from the store)
- 12 oz. noodles of your choosing ( I used penne noodles)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I used Colby Jack Cheddar blend)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to box directions and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 375
- In a large skillet melt butter and add onion and garlic, Cook the onions until they are translucent.
- Add in flour and whisk- let it brown slightly
- Slowly add in milk and cook on medium low until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- In a separate bowl coat your chicken, noodles and tomatoes with the milk mixture and 3/4 of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients into a casserole and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and then broil on high to add a yummy crisp to the casserole
You are now ready to dish up and enjoy!